Sunday, June 28, 2015

Second Draft Week

What did I do?
This week, I completed my second draft. In the process, I did a little more research and thought more about my topic. And ran into a brick wall.

Why was it important?
This week was important because I realize that I'm still dancing around my topic a bit. Maybe what I want to find from informal learning in adults doesn't want to be found. Maybe there are parts of our informal lives that need to be left alone. So, this week got me thinking and I found self-doubt.

Where could I use this again?
Learning how to evaluate research, read and understand, and then classify research could be used with just about any topic of research. This course has been incredibly helpful.

Do I see any patterns in what I did?
The pattern emerging is reaching a brick wall. The choices are to go around it, through it, under it, or over it. I'm still considering the choices.

How well did I do?
I knew that my writing was not connected well, and that this belies my unconvinced self of my topics and inability to focus or stay focused. All the possibilities are still in front of me, with no choices made. After the second draft, there are now even more possibilities. Basically, I'm brain tired and find myself back at square one.

What should I do next?
Next, obviously, I will rewrite parts of my review and make sure that it flows as well as I can make it. The next thing I will do is just re-read other reviews out there online. Somehow the ability to write well must sink in eventually... 




No comments:

Post a Comment