Friday, June 19, 2015

Thoughts on the annotation process - Week 6/15 - 6/19

This week was a doozy. However, once the rhythm was established, finding articles and reading them became a much smoother process. So far so good grades...

This process because so clear that after explaining it to a friend, she remarked, "I'd like to try that with _____ (her profession)." So, I knew I did something right... At some point in my life, I will do this "for fun" as well.

What was surprising was that I uncovered an angle I had never considered before (learning in a prison setting), which sticks with me now. When I see other unfortunate people, such as those who ask for money on the corner, I wonder... how can their prior learning be captured and propel them into a state of self-sufficiency?

The important thing I learned was that there are others out there with the same interest who have found articles that supported their particular view of the topic. My view will be a little different from theirs. I'm getting by with a little help from my friends who are fans of Informal Learning.

Go Diesel!


No comments:

Post a Comment